Have you been dealing with neck or chronic back pain? Or have your allergies been acting up much more regularly? A naturopathy appointment with us might just be what you need for overall wellness. Here’s what you need to know about naturopathy and the different forms of naturopathic treatments for functional medicine.
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a form of functional medicine that developed in Europe in the 19th century. It uses several different treatment options, blending ancient forms of treatment with current research and medical advances. Naturopathy can treat various symptoms and illnesses, including reducing stress, improving flexibility and movement, and improving your mental and emotional well-being. Naturopathy can be performed by three different practitioners:
- Traditional naturopaths typically do not graduate from accredited schools. They can serve as health consultants and can be well-versed in homeopathy and botanical medicine but are not licensed.
- Naturopathic physicians, who complete a four-year accredited program at a U.S. naturopathic medical school. Depending on your state, your naturopathic doctor may also have to pass continuing education requirements to be a licensed and practicing naturopath.
- Regular healthcare providers, your general physician, or chiropractor may be trained in and offer naturopathic treatments in addition to their regular course of action.
What Are the Different Naturopathy Treatments?
Naturopathic treatments rely heavily on your body’s natural ability to heal itself and place a special emphasis on the prevention of illness. An imbalance in your body can lead to physical manifestations and the onset of symptoms, and so, a naturopath will work to alleviate this by:
- Changing your diet and nutrition
- Changing your behavior
- Botanical medicine
- Physical therapy
What Are the Benefits of Naturopathy?
The benefits of naturopathy depend on the method of treatment prescribed to you. Most therapies are low-intensity and non-invasive in nature, working to address, not suppress the symptoms of illness. They include:
- Enhance mood and emotional well-being
- Improve breathing
- Increase awareness
- Improve circulation of blood and lymph systems
- Decrease in pain and other chronic conditions
What to Expect During a Naturopathy Appointment
Effective naturopathy appointments require an accurate evaluation by trained and licensed naturopaths. A naturopathy appointment can last anywhere from an hour to two hours, during which time a naturopathic physician at Officite Demo Integrated Medicine will ask you a series of questions regarding your current health status. Your doctor may also ask you to fill out a comprehensive set of questions to help guide the doctor before your initial appointment.
Treatment is highly individualized and non-invasive, and a naturopath can make use of a lab or other scientific tests to determine the best course of action for you. Follow-up appointments are very common, so your naturopathic doctor can assess your progress and also change the treatment offered to better suit your needs.
For more information about naturopathy contact Officite Demo Integrated Medicine at (877) 393-3348.
Overview Have you been dealing with neck or chronic back pain? Or have your allergies been acting up much more regularly? A naturopathy appointment with us might just be what you need for overall wellness. Here’s what you need to know about naturopathy and the different forms of naturopathic treatmentsRead more